Monday, November 13, 2006

Grey Monday!!!

Terrible Monday, guys I'm a pretty passionate & competitive person and I've let a sports team get the better of me... These Atlanta Falcons are giving the entire city nightmares, ulcers, high blood pressure, wrecking otherwise peaceful & happy homes and drastically reducing productivity at work.. This team is now perhaps the worst team in the NFL... They yoyo up & down like no other team.. This last Sunday they lost to a weak Cleveland Browns team, two Sundays ago they went down to arguably the worst team in football the Detroit, Lions ... Now we are 5:4 when we could have been 7:2...

As fans sitting on the couch at home we are making better calls than all those coaches put together.. How on earth do you call for a deep throw on a 3rd down & inches??? You tell me...

Here's my Silver Bullet solution for this team, bold but its the way forward...
  1. Play Mike Vick, Matt Schwab & DJ Shockley interchangerbly with a bias towards # 3, DJ. Yes, I said it.
  2. Get rid of all those coaches who just want to be buddy buddy with the players and are totally not in control of the big ego's in the team. They need a coach who will tell them off. No one has even uttered a word to Vick on all those drops...
  3. Recruit a little better, regroup real quick as the team only has 2 more years to get to the super bowl or else a complete overhaul..

Am out.

9 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Blogger Msanii_XL said...

It ain't vick..oh wait just a little bit..those damn WR'S of yours cannot catch cold if the flu bug bit them..they are simply ass...

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Shaggy said...

Msani - Hahaha you're right about the Wide Receivers, but check this out... It's time for DJ Shockely, I just feel it and this will wake up Vick and make him more consistent. Play them both like the Urabn Mayers does with the Gators, not that am a Gator fan, quite on the contrary should be a Gator hater being a UGA bulldogs fan to the bone...

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger akiey said...

lol!, BJ, for someone based in Uzbek you write lots about current stuff happening stateside making believe you're somewhere within the 50-some states. With your "Now we are 5:4 when we could have been 7:2..." I can't stop but wonder...Where you at?

I almost never root for the Browns bcoz of their disappointing record but I sure didn't expect them to thrash Vick & company.

 
At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I keep rooting for the hawks.... and they keep messing up my fantasy score.

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger Shaggy said...

Aikey - Hey wassup, the Falcons is my team.. Here in the Uzbec we watch plenty of current American TV and as an expatriate, thats what I subscribe too.. But those falcons are killing me...

Ciiku - As soon as your team gets healthy again you should be in good shape, too many injuries at key positions though Seneca Wallace is pretty impressive too.. No need to panic you have a 2 game lead in the NFC West...

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

Welcome to my world. :) Well, at least the Skins decided to put Campbell in for Bucs. Brunell who???

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger Shaggy said...

Bess - yup, it's a change of the guard... that's exactly my point.. play Vick, Schuab and Shockely at different times in the game.. then pass it on to DJ Sockley to take the team to the promised land..

As for Brunell, that should have happened 4 weeks ago. Dallas too was a few weeks late to bench Bledsoe.. Makes for an interesting 2nd half.. does it not?

 
At 9:46 AM, Blogger Medusa said...

BJ- I damn near collapsed when we lost to the Browns..and then to the Lions. I swear, one more loss to a shady team, and I'm moving to Indiana.

Btw..I came to collect on your La Madeline offer on mine a while back..

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Shaggy said...

Medusa - No way you didn't.. I swear I thought you had moved to Kentucky... La Madeleine offer is wide open for you having snobbed the earlier one for peanuts & cracker jacks...

Well hope you're well as for me been spending most weekends on the course..

As for the falcons am not saying a thing coz am so so mad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home