Friday, January 27, 2006

Amazing HAT TRICK!!


Guys, we woke up today to a new undisputed number 1 song.

Am now 3 : 0 after Mariah, Mary J & now Beyonce making it to the top of the charts. That ladies & gentlemen is what we call a HAT TRICK baby, yeah.

Am on cloud 9 right now. And if you have no idea what am talking about kindly refer to my earlier posts -Simply Genius & Simply Bliged.

Beyoncé, Slim Thug Battle Their Way To No. 1
January 26, 2006, 11:00 AM ET , Clover Hope, N.Y.

Beyoncé's "Check on It" featuring Slim Thug rises one rung to claim the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 this week. The cut ends the two-week run of Nelly's "Grillz" featuring Paul Wall and Ali & Gipp, which falls to No. 2. The Beyoncé track is also the Hot 100's greatest airplay gainer, and remains atop the Pop 100 and the Hot Digital.


So, now whats NEXT. I am recently very impressed by the younger cats the likes of Chris Brown, Omarion, Pretty Ricky, Bobby Valentino & Mario. They are bringing real music back to the scene, the kind we heard from the likes of Freddie Jackson, Luther & Alexander O'Neil back in the day. Some slow smooth ziki that you can sing to your lady, know what I mean?

These young dudes are not rapping but dropping some serious tunes and they can dance too. Don't get it twisted now, I still occasionally get my crunk on, but these guys are bringing the 70's & 80's music back to the fold. On top of this group in my books is Chris Brown. The young man has talent and the looks of a superstar, and he can flat out kick butt on the floor. He is smooth, humble and very likable, watch out for this dude.

Have a safe weekend everyone.



12 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Whispering Inn said...

3 and 0? I think BJ you have some inside info you're not sharing!
But I agree with you, Beyonce's the bomb. Plus the cats you mention like Omarion are pretty good.
LOL @ singing to your lady - do chicks still dig that? Really - coz if they do, I am learning a heck of a lot of songs baby!

 
At 3:35 AM, Blogger Nakeel said...

Da Check on It its there tight feel you at cloud no. 9..... Yeap the kids are bringing music Bobby Valentino hits it.. Where did you leave my Bow Wow...

Lovely weekend

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Spidey/Tato said...

Chris Brown's "RUN IT" has me at hello! damn and the video is HOT!

Beyonce better enjoy it while she's hot...my worry is does she have staying power like the rest?

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Shaggy said...

Poi - Hey congrats on making it numero uno. I see u r feeling Chris Brown?? Thoug that would be cradle snatching.

Whispering - Best believe it my guy - 3:0 and no inside scoop, just a knack for spotting talent & knowing what is outstanding and what's not. As for the singing, I haven't tried it yet, only see it in the movies..

Nakeel - Bobby V is damn good for sure.

Nick - you nailed it, yes, our girl B is good but has no staying power. Her songs are instant hits and go out just as first. Cannot compare with songs from lets say Ms Alicia Keys that will be played for many years to come. Well done and just a quick one, Nick - when are you posting next, it's been a while.

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ER, BJ please go to Nick's page, he's indeed posted. Get with the program will you?.

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger akiey said...

I like the track more for teh fact that SlimThug's on it. I know am among the only 4 men on this planet not going nutters over Byeonce but I still give her props for doing her thing everytime. I mean, business is business so...

The Chris Brown-Juelz Santana song is a good club song. Radio did lots of good promo for it too. Nice to see him doing well too!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger akiey5 said...

Btw, how come there's no good, young female/girl musicians coming out lately? Has it become a Boys' Only Club??

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Stephen A. Bess said...

I saw the video for that young cat, Chris Brown. I actually liked the song. It takes me back to my high school days with New Edition. His style is good clean fun. That's refreshing today for the young entertainers.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Adrian said...

in a group with akiey on not being so hot for beyoncé...

when thinker once put us men in groups, i joined the kelly team.

 
At 3:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, never been a Beyonce fan. Musicallu at any rate. I think she's a tad too overrated. I bet she'll be forgotten within the week if she wears a full dress ....

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger Shaggy said...

Hahaha may all the haters please stand Up.

M - I see your point, all am saying is that B has totally knows what her strengths are and maximising this to the fullest. All her songs revolve around shaking the booty which she was abundantly gifted with.

Aikey - I guess its time for the younger boys. The young girls are known for one hit singles like Brooke Valentine's "Girl Fight", Ciara's "Goodies" etc. And that Kiesha Cole is just but a mirage.

Stephen - I agree with you man, that boy Chris has the goods and is the total package. We just hope he gets the right guidance as he is still very young.

Strawberries - My bad, I did not know Nick had posted, his new post looked very much the same with his last one. Am with the program now, duh.

Adrian - I respect your views homie Kelly is indeed hot and has longevity, see in my view Beyonce got now and Kelly got's next. B4L dude.

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger Kelitu said...

If i hear Beyonce sing one more time, i will throw my radio out the window...i can't deal with her right now, i can't. too much exposure

 

Post a Comment

<< Home